Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Master Bedroom Plans

Coming up with plans for the master bedroom was one of the easiest rooms to make decisions on, given the fact that we are hardly changing anything. 



One of the biggest changes will be the paint color. Our current master is tan but I am painting the new master a grey color called Bay Waves by Valspar. I wanted a gray with a more blue undertone since we have blue-gray in the curtains. We are keeping the same bedding since we just bought it after the wedding but we are adding a pallet wall behind where the bed will be. I have been kind of obsessed with all things pallet so I am very excited to incorporate this into the master.

We are also keeping the same curtains that I bought from Target a few months ago. I love way they have grey and brown in them, which is a color combo that I hadn't really thought of until I saw these curtains and now it is almost the theme of our bedroom.

In the current master we each have side tables that have these little lamps on them and the gold mirrors behind them. The mirrors add light to the room when the lamps are on and mirrors also tend to make a room feel bigger if they are in the right spot. Because the wall we have chosen to put the bed against is smaller than the wall our bed is against in the current house, I am not positive if we will be able to use the same end tables or put the mirrors in the same places. But until I find out I can't fit them, I plan on keeping the same set up.

A few other things I plan to do in the master is to repaint our current dresser which I am thinking of doing ombre and I am going to create mini gallery wall of our wedding pictures!

P.S.
Yesterday we officially closed and received our keys!!! Of course, I already started painting but I did make sure and get "before" pictures of nearly every corner of the house so keep an eye out for that post!

No comments:

Post a Comment