Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Entryway Decor Plans!

One of the most important places to decorate in our home is the entryway. It is the first impression of our home's interior. When I try and think of what the style of the decor I will have in our home, I can't help but think of a combination of farmhouse,vintage,cottage and cozy-ness! I want my home to feel inviting and I want guests to walk in and feel like they could stay forever.

Our home is full of very dark trim throughout the main floor which is one of my favorite features therefore no, I am not painting it white. There is something about the look and feel of the dark, rich, brown of original trim that makes me happy!






The above image contains just a few of the items that you will find when you walk through our front door!

The paint color we chose is called Fioli Antique Lace which is a Valspar paint color from Lowe's. We actually have this color in our current kitchen and although I feared it would be too yellow, it is more of a buttery color and it is such a warm color!

The oriental style rug is one that Josh got a deal on from Lowe's that we are planning to put in the entryway. I originally wanted something neutral but, the more I thought about it the more a darker color made sense as the rug for the main entrance of the house. We recently thought about the fact that this rug might be too large being that it is a 5'x7' and we aren't sure of the size of the entryway, but if anything,  it could become a great rug for another room!

The swatch in the bottom left corner is a fabric I found that I love from Joann's which I would like to use to make a small curtain for our half window. I am also thinking about using it to make a curtain for the inside of the front door that is full glass panels. I haven't purchased the fabric yet so I may not get this specific one, but something similar with neutral tans and hopefully a touch of yellow/gold that will accent the wall color.

Lastly, this is a light fixture that I have found in many different ways that I plan on creating in one of my DIY projects. This specific light and many similar to it are made of wine barrel rings which give such a rustic touch that I LOVE as the focal point of the entryway vs. a chandelier.

A few other things that you will find when you step into our front door that are not pictured are a gallery wall going up our grand staircase, some sort of hanging fixture for coats, possibly an entryway bench and more than likely an entryway table.

I cannot wait to get the before pictures taken and share the progress!

Stay tuned for my plans for the rest of the main floor and master bedroom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment