Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Kitchen Plans

Sorry for the delay in posts, getting everything finished up for closing and packing has been taking up the majority of my time.

Now for the decor plans for our kitchen! One of my personal favorite rooms of a house is the kitchen. Josh and I are big food lovers and both really enjoy cooking so the kitchen is very important to us.




The new kitchen has dark cabinets and we are adding a dark back splash and dark flooring but because there is tons of natural light, it will all balance so well!

I will be painting the wall a neutral tan that is actually called Rock by Valspar. I am so excited to be using old burlap coffee sacks as curtains for small windows and am undecided about curtains or blinds for the two regular sized windows that we have.

I love the mixed stone of the back splash! We have stainless appliances and the back splash contains pieces of stainless that will coordinate perfectly.

There is currently an out dated and unattractive light fixture above the sink that we are planning on changing to a smaller and more rustic style, probably bronze, pendant similar to the one in my picture. There is also a flush mount fluorescent light in the kitchen that I don't  hate but it has a white border that I am planning to paint bronze to match the pendant above the sink.

A few other things that will be in the kitchen are my canisters with chalkboard labels and colorful lids, glass containers and mason jars for dry pasta and decorating. We have built in shelving in the kitchen that has exposed corner shelves that I can't wait to fill with cookbooks, pictures and teapots!



No comments:

Post a Comment